Awosting Falls Trail is just over a mile long and mostly flat, except for the drop down to the bottom of the 65-foot falls and back up. Both before and after the falls, the path follows a lovely creek.
The falls were spectacular the day we visited: two days of torrential rains filled the falls to practically overflowing.
But the day we headed there was bright and sunny and with the clearest sky you could possibly imagine!
Minnewaska State Park Preserve, located on the Shawngunk Mountain Ridge in Ulster County NY, is a gorgeous park with many hiking trails that offers beautiful scenery.
Getting there: 5281 Route 44-55, Kerhonkson, NY
Hours: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Check out the other fun hikes we enjoyed during our exploration of Minnewaska State Park:
- Stony Kill Falls — COMING SOON!
- Lake Minnewaska Loop — COMING SOON!
- Rainbow Falls
- Five Locks Walk at the D&H Canal
- Foundry Park
- Hudson Highlands State Park (Cornish Ruins Hike)
- Madam Brett Park
- Minnewaska State Park Preserve Rainbow Falls Hike
- Sojourner Truth Driving Tour
- Shawangunk Scenic Drive
- Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Site
- Widow Jane Mine
Or head to New York Daytrip Destinations to find other great things to see and do in New York!